How to build a brand that converts
Nowadays, building a brand takes more than a flashy logo and a catchy slogan. To create a truly unique and standout brand, you must consider all elements of your brand touchpoints, from visuals to customer service. So, where do you begin? Start by focusing on your business objectives. This means connecting your brand, including all design and experiences, to your goals as a business. Here are some key actions to take: Define, Create, Implement, and Measure.
Start by defining your business objectives. What do you hope to achieve through your brand? Is it increased sales, brand awareness, thought leadership, or something else? Next, develop a brand strategy that aligns with those objectives. Here are some tips:
- Identify your Unique Value Proposition: What sets you apart from your competitors? Identify your unique value proposition and ensure that it’s reflected in all aspects of your brand.
- Define your Target Audience: Who is your target audience? Consider factors such as age, gender, income, education level, and interests to create messaging and visual elements tailored to connect with them.
- Establish your Brand Personality: What set of human characteristics does your brand embody? Ensure that your brand personality is consistent across all channels and reflects your unique value proposition.
- Determine your Communication Channels: Which channels will you use to communicate your brand? Focus on social media, email marketing, traditional advertising, or other channels that fit your brand and target audience.
Create your brand identity, including your logo, color palette, typography, visual style (patterns, illustrations, photography, and icons – see some examples from my past work), tone, and voice. Ensure that your brand identity reflects your brand strategy, connects with your target audience, and resonates with your brand values. Create brand guidelines to outline the visual and messaging elements used across all channels for consistency.
Implement & Measure:
Implement and measure your brand and strategy effectiveness by tracking metrics such as website traffic, social media engagement, and sales. Here are some steps to take:
- Set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Identify the KPIs that will help you measure the effectiveness of your brand strategy.
- Implement Your Brand Strategy Across All Channels: Ensure that your brand strategy is consistently implemented across all channels.
- Monitor Your KPIs: Regularly monitor your KPIs to assess the effectiveness of your brand strategy.
- Make Adjustments: Based on the data collected, adjust your brand strategy as needed.
- Revisit Your Brand Strategy Regularly: Revisit your brand strategy regularly to ensure that it’s still aligned with your business objectives and resonating with your target audience.
- Solicit Feedback: Solicit feedback from customers, employees, and other stakeholders to get a sense of how your brand is being perceived.
Remember, building a brand that aligns with your business objectives takes time, so be patient. Don’t expect overnight success. Keep working hard and stay focused on your goals. If you need help building your strategy or visual design, let’s talk!